Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A letter from Me to You

Dear You, 
It doesn't matter if you are a man, a woman or a transgender. 
It doesn't matter to me, what God you worship or if you worship none at all.
It doesn't matter to me what language your tongue first learned.
It doesn't matter to me what religion you follow, or if you follow none at all.
It doesn't matter to me what size you are, what shape you are and what your physical attributes are.
It doesn't matter to me if you earn six figures, three figures or none at all.
It doesn't matter to me what caste, race, creed, or ethnicity you belong to.
It doesn't matter to me who you choose to love: a man, a woman, or neither. 
It doesn't matter to me what land you come from or what borders your government has drawn to claim as its own land. 
It doesn't matter to me what your skin tone is.

What matters to me is that your veins carry the same red blood that mine does. That your stomach feels the hunger that mine does. That your tongue can get as parched as mine can. That your heart beats like mine does. That your lungs breathe like mine do. That your mind yearns for shelter, food and safety for yourself and your loved ones like mine does. That your heart loves like mine does. That you dream, like I do.
It doesn't matter to me how you were born: because regardless of what we may be conditioned to see as imperfect, YOU are perfect.
And in that, I am you. You are me. 
And in that, there is so much peace in WE.
Yours Sincerely,
Me
Reactions: